Launched in December 2015, Belitung Nursing Journal (BNJ) is a Gold open access journal that provides a venue for the nursing scholarship with an Asian focus and perspectives from the region.
BNJ is an official publication of Department of Publication of Belitung Raya Foundation in Belitung, Indonesia, jointly with Indonesian National Nurses Association of Belitung Indonesia (PPNI Belitung) and Poltekkes Kemenkes Pangkal Pinang Prodi Keperawatan Belitung.
Belitung Raya Foundation is a non-profit organization that focuses on education, health, information technology, and the social and empowerment of the community. Belitung Raya Foundation is established in 2015 with an official license of establishment from the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia (MENKUMHAM RI) with No: AHU-0009599.AH.01.12.Year 2015 and Notarial Deed No: 12 on 06 July 2015 by SRI ARIYAWATI, SH.,M.KN.
BNJ has been accredited by the Ministry of Science, Research, Technology, and Higher Education of Indonesia (RISTEKDIKTI RI) with No: 10/3/KPT/2019, valid until 2024.
Why Belitung Nursing Journal?
Belitung's name is taken from our editorial house located in Belitung Island, Bangka Belitung Province, Indonesia, as our identity. It is straightforward that we need to prove and motivate young generations that, although we are from a small island, our scope and networking are global.
Belitung Nursing Journal is one of the Indonesian products as a result of ASEAN and International networking, established as one of International journals to facilitate nursing scholars to publish their works, visions, and perspectives.
- From December 2015 until December 2017, BNJ had no Article Processing Charge for those who would like to submit their works in open access. The style for citation and reference format was in vancouver style.
- Since January 2018, BNJ established Article Processing Charge to maintain the website, add the server, and open access. The style for citation and reference format was changed to APA style 6th edition, as we got the feedbacks from authors to have difficulty in vancouver style.
- From January 2019, we become a member of crossref. Thus, the style for citation and reference format have changed to APA style 6th edition with DOI number.
- Since 14 April 2020, the name 'Belitung Raya Publisher' was changed to be 'Department of Publication of Belitung Raya Foundation' in response to the confusion about the connection between Belitung Raya Publisher and Belitung Raya Foundation. The letter can be seen here
- On 17 August 2021, we upgraded the system from OJS 2 to OJS 3.
- BNJ papers' templates vary over time (see the figure below)