This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission Charge: 0.00 (USD)
Article Processing Charge (APC): 395.00 (USD)
There is no waiver policy for these charges.
The APC for original research, research methodology, review article, concept and theory development, nursing philosophy, case study, and perspective is $395 for International authors or 5,500,000 IDR for Indonesian authors; APC for letter to Editors is $150 (this APC includes taxes and transaction fees). Editorial or Guest Editorial are free of charge. Please note that this APC is for articles submitted after 30 September 2021.
The APC for articles submitted before 30 September 2021 is still $135, with online payment will be charged fees per transaction 5.4% + $0.30.
BNJ is run on a non-profit basis. Publisher covers nearly 100% of the expenses of publishing. Nevertheless, authors are required to participate in the cost of publishing with the article processing fees.
The APC includes provision of Gold open access, online tools for editors and authors, article production and hosting, liaison with abstracting and indexing services, and customer services. It also includes website and server maintenance.
Adjustments in BNJ’s APC prices are under regular review and are subject to change. We set APC prices based on the following criteria:
- Journal quality;
- The journal’s editorial and technical processes;
- Competitive considerations;
- Market conditions;
- Other revenue streams associated with the journal.
The payment is made when your article is editorially accepted, is charged to either you, or your funder, institution or employer. (Biaya publikasi dibayar setelah artikel dinyatakan accepted untuk di publikasikan).
In case the authors pay APC in the submission stage, we will fully return the money. We have several cases the authors paid APC during submission, therefore we do not display the bank account number for author fees. We will send all information once the article is editorially accepted via email to the corresponding author of each article.
No refund or credit will be offered in the following circumstances:
- Article retraction: BNJ has provided full publishing services and is only able to recoup this investment through the APC. The later retraction of the article does not detract from the publishing services provided or from our ongoing maintenance of the scientific record, e.g. archiving in perpetuity.
- Article removal: In rare cases where articles are removed completely after acceptance for publication we will not refund or credit an APC. This is because BNJ has provided publishing services and is only able to recoup this investment through the APC. The later removal of the article does not detract from this investment and is typically for reasons beyond our control.
- Delays resulting from editorial decisions or author changes: These are a standard part of the publishing process.
- Circumstances beyond our control: This may include, for example, where natural or other disasters prevent us from fulfilling our obligations.